Friday, January 20, 2012

The Hunter by John Lescroart

     Wyatt Hunt is a PI in San Francisco.  He was raised by a loving couple who adopted him as a young child. One day he gets a text reading: “How did your mother die?”  As Hunt becomes determined to answer this question, he discovers allegations of child neglect and an old murder trial that ended in a hung jury – twice.  This was his father’s trial for the murder of his mother. And according to whoever is sending the text messages, the killer is still out there. There are many twists, emotions, and tense moments before Hunt has his answers. And the answer involves an infamous person I would never have expected to turn up in this story.

            The Hunter was a good book that kept me going, but I did put it down and finished it over several days. The characters are interesting. I have not read any of the other Hunt Club books but this one stood alone nicely. I think I will be reading more about Wyatt Hunt and his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment