Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

     Will had the money, so he did everything. He traveled, climbed mountains, lived on the edge. Then there was the accident . .  .  Louisa had the ordinary life of a lower middle class English girl. She had a sister in college, a nephew, Mum and Dad and a boyfriend. She thought little beyond those things. Her family really needed the extra income, so she took the job at 'the castle' caring for Will.

     This was not easy. Will is rude, sarcastic and really would rather be dead than paralyzed from the neck down. Louisa won't give up. At first because she needs the money so badly for her family and then because she truly begins to care about Will. He changes her life. She gives him a reason to wake each morning and Louisa is determined to make certain will has a reason to live.

     My knowledge of the hardship everyday life holds for the handicapped was increased ten fold. The toll it takes on the family is also incredible.

     I find it hard to actually describe this book without giving away the plot and it's detail that made this book one I could not put down. It touched me. It took twists I was not expecting and did not take a few turns I did expect.

     This was an original, heart warming and  informative book. It also broke my heart.
   
     I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment