Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Own Blog

     I read so many Book Blogs I decided today was the day I would begin my own.  I am a simple person, so this will be a simple blog with short reviews. I once wanted to be a writer, but I am, as my blog title indicates, a reader.  Perhaps not just 'a reader', but a book person with . . . well, a possible problem.
     I sit at my desk in my study and behind me are four book cases crammed with books.  There are history books, biographies, commentary, health and fitness, bible study, childrens books, popular modern fiction, classic fiction and the worn, but dearly loved, Holt, Stewart, Whitney and other gothic romance books of my youth.
     On the floor beside my reading chair are stacks of books aquired from freinds.  These books are in limbo.  Are they good enough reads to stay? Should I rearrange them again, placing the new mystery from Patterson on top for a quick read? Do I even want to read the two picked up at work from the book exchange?
     Beside this chair is a small table that once belonged to my maternal grandparents. In memories my grandfather keeps his paper and crossword books on it.  At my house it holds the books I am now reading and my Kindle.
     Sometimes I come to this room, sit in my chair and just look at my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment